We believe living a positive and healthy life should positively impact not only ourselves but increase the well-being and equilibrium of those around us.
The idea for emotional detox residential training courses was born out of the desire to make emotional freedom from stagnant and negative emotions an experience that was available to people from all walks of life and to spread the healing span of emotional detox by training more therapists.
It was this challenge of creating a supportive, loving environment where men, women and couples could learn the emotional detox through body therapy techniques, which Emotional Detox School founder, Mal took upon himself.
What was a humble concept – learning to let go of negative emotions– gained momentum and after a lot of hard work, love, dedication and passion the school has grown and developed into a healing and emotionally nourishing sanctuary where people can come to take time out from stress and strain of daily life, reflect on their lives, and discover how to create new opportunities for growth and happiness for themselves in their future.
The emotional detox training offered throughout the UK through residential courses offers connection with others; inner connection, new skills and an opportunity to achieve freedom from stagnant emotions in a safe and healing environment. All of the workshops are filled with love and joy.
Creating positive changes around us first starts with the practice of emotional detox. Releasing negative emotions allows the equilibrium of mind, body and soul to be restored and allows you to start living life to the full.
In order to learn emotional detox through body therapy techniques, you might want to consider enrolling on an online emotional detox course or attending a practical training course but there are five tips you can adopt right now to get started:
- Adopt an alkaline diet – acidic foods are only going to put more pressure on the bodies regulating systems in an attempt to balance the systems PH neutrality. This doesn’t have to complicated; simply eat plenty of vegetables, some fruit daily and don’t eat too much dairy, grain or too much meat, eggs or fish. A little of what you enjoy is fine, but just be mindful about what you are eating and conscious of the acidic value of the ingredients in your meals.
- Detox with fruit and vegetable juices – all natural, raw vegetable and fruit juices are alkaline producing. Try to avoid processed juices as these can be more acid forming due to being processed and sweetened. A simple alkaline juice recipe from the book, Emotional Detox through Body Work:
7 leaves kale
1 large handful of fresh basil
2 bulbs fennel
4 large carrots
1 inch raw ginger root
Place all the ingredients into a juicer or liquidiser. This juice is alkalising and is a good addition to an alkaline diet.
3. Deep breathing with attention – breathing into your negative emotions and releasing them through breath is a powerful technique that will aid you in letting go of trapped trauma.
4. Understanding how emotions become trapped in your cellular memory is key to understanding how to release obstinate emotions. Reading a copy of Emotional Detox through bodywork is an excellent tool or consider reading the work of the late Dr. Candace Pert on Molecules of Emotion
5. Journaling – keeping a journal and writing down your thoughts and feeling in an uncensored rant can really help you to let things out and allow you to acknowledge your emotions, regardless of what they are.
Making positive change in your life can often be difficult to start, but once you begin and take the first steps it will become easier and you’ll be on the path to a more fulfilling and happier life.