In today’s fast paced society very few of us have time to devote following a diet plan, indeed very few of us get the time to really consider what and when we eat and drink. If you are lacking energy, feeling anxious, nervous, suffering headaches, feeling lethargic; getting excess mucous or constantly run down with frequent illness or colds; then you might want to consider an alkaline diet to improve your overall wellbeing; the good news is tipping your diet in favour of alkalinity is really simple and to help you kick start your alkaline diet we’ve listed ten easy to follow tips:
- Drink water mixed with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon upon rising and a few times a day.
- Replace mashed potatoes with yams and sweet potatoes.
- Eat up your greens. Make sure you consume two portions of alkalinising greens such as kale, broccoli and cabbage.
- Experiment with ways to cook with seaweeds, there are some great recipes out there that use seaweed in everything from smoothies, to veggie sausages and delicious brunch recipes.
- Focus on eating whole foods such as fruits, vegetable, nuts, beans and whole grains such as lentils, oats, quinoa, and wild rice.
- Reduce your intake of stimulants and acid forming drinks such as tea, coffee and alcohol and instead drink alkalising beverages such as water, herbal teas, green tea, mineral waters, kombucha and water mixed with the juice of half a fresh lemon or lime.
- Reduce your consumption of essential fats, meat, fish, pasta and other grains.
- Eliminate your intake of processed and artificial foods, including refined sugar and white flour, additives, trans fats and preservatives
- Replace margarines with real butter or ghee as these are easier to digest, just don’t go overboard with your consumption.
- Dress salads and vegetables with high-quality fats such as cold-pressed virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil these not only taste delicious, but are good for you and make a super quick dressing when combined with lemon juice and freshly chopped herbs.
Even small changes can make a difference and as your energy levels begin to boost you will feel inspired to make more changes towards achieving better optimum health through an alkaline diet.
Would you like to know more about Emotional Detox? If so click here.